Heard a lot about Sitecore IP Geolocation service but did you get a chance to explore?
Luckily, I got a chance !! So, Lets explore this area now.
What is Sitecore IP Geolocation Service?
This Service provides you a facility to get the location detail about the visitor. For the Visitors of your site, you can identify parameters like:
- Time zone
- Longitude and latitude
- Metro code
- Post code
- Business name
- DNS address
- IP address
- ISP name
With the Sitecore IP Geolocation service, you can show personalized content of the site, Track Goals and page events, Geolocation reports, etc….
This service is free at this time and so to use this service, you will required to activate & subscribe this service.
Lets see how you can do that.
Activate Sitecore IP Geolocation Service:
To activate this service, you will required to send email to Sitecore Sales team / support team with passing detail like below with filling one form.
- Sitecore License ID number
- Name of the company
- Contact Detail like Name, mobile number through which you got the Sitecore license
Sitecore team will activate this service with your license number and will share a link to reset password and then activate the subscription for your license.
Subscribe for Sitecore IP Geolocation service:
To subscribe for this service, follow the steps 🙂
- login into your Sitecore instance. (Make sure the instance is using the same license for which you have activated this service)
- Click on “App Center” option.
- You will get available option like “Sitecore IP Geolocation Service”. Select the option. Also on this page, “Log in” button will be back even if you have logged in through Sitecore admin user.
- This will show you the detail about the subscription if you are logged in else, it will ask to login.
- Click on “Log in” from right side corner will show popup window. Specify username and password through which you got the Sitecore license key.
- Once you will specify username and password, it will show the agreement detail about the usage. Please read and accept the same.
- Once this is done, you will be redirected to “App Center” landing page again with the “Sitecore IP Geolocation Service” option like below.
- On selection, it will show the detail about this subscription including price plan and other things, check the same.
Note: Currently this service is free so the price displayed is EUR 0.
- Click on “Continue” button will show the “Purchase Confirmation“. Confirm the same to proceed further.
- This step will ask for accepting the “Terms of Service”. Please read and accept the same.
- Once “Confirm” button clicked, it will show below screen with all subscription and IP lookup detail month wise.
This service is for 12 months at this time.
After above steps, you got the subscription activated. Now you will required to do some steps on your Sitecore instance to start track the requests.
- Configure Firewall:
Add a firewall rule to allow HTTPS protocol for below domains:
- Using Proxy Server: For requests coming from a reverse proxy server to your Sitecore instance, that should be tracked as the valid IP addresses of a client, and not as the IP addresses of a proxy, use the following setting:
Change: Analytics.ForwardedRequestHttpHeader to the value:
https://doc.sitecore.net/sitecore_experience_platform/setting_up_and_maintaining/ip_geolocation/ip_geolocation/setting_up_sitecore_ip_geolocation#_Configure_a_firewallNow All done, Hope this article will help…
But how you can check that its working or not?? Continue…